Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends is an expansion to the vanilla Samurai Warriors 2. This expansion adds 6 new playable characters, new stages and an extra mode. The PS2 version can be bought on disc whilst the Xbox 360 version can only be downloaded via Xbox Live.
|Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends|
|Release Date|| August 23, 2007 (Japan)|
March 18, 2008 (USA,Canada)
March 21, 2008 (Europe)
|Game Mode|| Single Player|
|Platform(s)|| Playstation 2|
- Characters can now level up to 70 rather than the previous 50; the bodyguards' maximum level is now 30.
- Katsuie Shibata, Kojiro Sasaki, Motochika Chosokabe and Toshiie Maeda's former models in the older stages are replaced with their new redesigns. Yoshimoto Imagawa from Samurai Warriors Xtreme legends returns.
- Some voice actors were changed for the new recorded lines.
- Alternate colors are added for each character though most of these previously appeared in the Empires expansion. New characters also have alternate victory pose animations and quotes during their story modes.
- The game also introduced an Orb system, which allows weapon customization.
- Personal skills can now be purchased from the Shop and can be individually collected for each character.
- Like most other Xtreme Legends titles, a fifth weapon can also be obtained yet many players call them "alternate fourths" since the base attack power is the same as their fourth weapons.
- For better or worse, the "Demon" element was changed to do damage based on set percentages of the enemy's lifebar. If an enemy's lifebar is long and full, their life will drain quickly. On the other end, elemental damage becomes pretty transparent when they hit lower life.
An endless mission driven mode made exclusively for the expansion. The player can choose any character as their main hero. Using this hero, they can perform odd jobs for various daimyo, the shogun, villagers, and various other NPC characters. Many players consider this the fastest way to gain levels, earn money, learn skills, and obtain Orbs. Difficulty will gradually increase as the player progresses, meaning that opponents will also get tougher. If the player stays loyal to a particular lord, they can choose to serve them and help them unite the land. The other ending requires the player to collect ten precious swords from the missions they do.
Choosing to Import info from the Samurai Warriors 2 disk allows all characters to be available for Story Mode and unlocks the title's previous Modes: Sugoroku and Survival mode.