|Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends|
|Release Date|| Japan September 16, 2006|
United States/Canada November 9, 2006
|Game Mode|| Single Player |
Changes from original seriesEdit
- Nine new skills and six new items are added. Each character can now obtain a sixth weapon that's stronger than the previous fifth weapons.
- Enemies no longer get stronger as characters gain levels.
- Novice difficulty level is now available.
- Two players can now choose to share the Musou gauge or use their own.
When the player completes a stage or obtains a new item, they earn Bonus Points. These points can be used to unlock alternate character models, voices, and a new save icon for the memory card. They can also be used to allow the option to make ultimate weapons easier to obtain and allow characters to surpass the set level limit.
- Characters can now obtain all skills. In Samurai Warriors, characters receive skill points until they reach the maximum experience points of 99999.
Story Mode and Free Mode are the same as the previous title.
A new mode called Gold Rush was created. This challenges players to collect as much gold as they can, which can by used to power up items and weapons.
A mode that allows players to compete with a friend or the computer in three challenges. They are:
- Duel - one-on-one fight. The conditions vary with each stage.
- Sumo - control the huge Strike Ninja and force as many enemies out of the ring as possible. The ninja are similar to playable characters except they cannot evade or jump. Beating a unique officer will award more Bonus Points and losing in battle will give the opposing side more points. There are four different types of Strike Ninja based on their color:
- Red (Musou Type) - can perform and excel in musou attacks but are weak in other areas
- Blue (Speed Type) - earns more healing items but a harder to use musou
- Yellow (Life Type) - gains more life yet is slower
- White (Defense Type) - stronger defense with a lower lifebar
- Gate Keeper - defend the base from enemies. Defeating a unique officer or a captain will award more KOs and defeating a great amount of enemies during a musou attack will send allies to attack the enemy's camp.
Choosing to Import info from the Samurai Warriors disk allows all characters to be available for Story Mode and unlocks the title's previous Modes. Choosing to "Remix" data from the first game allows players to play with their previous data in this game.